Recommendations are given for determining proportions and details of monolithic, reinforced concrete slab-column connections.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Included are recommendations regarding appropriate uses of slab-column connections in structures resisting gravity and lateral forces, procedures for determination of connection design forces, procedures for determination of connection strength, and reinforcement details to insure adequate strength, ductility, and structural integrity.
The recommendations are based on a review of currently available information. A commentary is provided to amplify the recommendations and identify available reference material. Design examples illustrate application of the recommendations. (Design recommendations are set in standard type. Commentary is set in italics.)