Objectives of safety, quality, and economy are given priority in these guidelines for formwork. A section on contract documents explains the kind and amount of specification guidance the engineer/architect should provide for the contractor.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
The remainder of the report advised the formwork engineer/contractor on the best ways to meet the specification requirements safely and economically. Separate chapters deal with design, construction, and materials for formwork. Considerations peculiar to architectural concrete are also outlined in a separate chapter. Other sections are devoted to formwork for bridges, shells, mass concrete, and underground work. The concluding chapter on formwork for special methods of construction includes slipforming, preplaced-aggregate concrete, tremie concrete, precast, and prestressed concrete.