This document, intended for use by practicing engineers, provides a summary of the state-of-the-art analysis, modeling, and design of concrete bridges subjected to strong earthquakes. The material in this report is intended to complement existing documents form AASHTO, Caltrans, and UBC.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Procedures and philosophies of current and emerging codes and guidelines are summarized. Linear and nonlinear seismic analysis methods are also discussed, and important modeling considerations for different bridge elements including curved girders and skewed abutments are highlighted. The report summarizes analysis and design considerations for concrete bridges with seismic isolation as well as general seismic design considerations.