This guide is intended for use in establishing basic duties and reports required of inspection personnel. It can be used for all types and sizes of projects but should be supplemented with additional inspection requirements when the complexity of the project so dictates. Refer to ACI 311.4R for guidance on additional requirements and to SP-2 for more detailed information on concrete production practices and inspection and testing of concrete.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
This guide recommends minimum requirements for inspection at the concrete plant when such inspections are required by specifications or the owner. It also recommends minimum requirements for field and laboratory testing of concrete. It is intended for use by specifiers, architects, engineers, owners, contractors, or other groups needing to monitor the ready-mixed concrete producers’ activities at the concrete plant and concreting activities at the project site through the use of an independent inspection agency or in-house inspection organization.
This guide also recommends minimum testing laboratory qualifications, minimum inspector qualifications, duties, and reports.