Presents recommended methods and procedures for measuring, mixing, transporting, and placing heavyweight concretes that are used principally for radiation shielding in nuclear construction. Also covered are recommendations on cement, heavyweight aggregates, water, and admixtures. Mixture proportioning of heavyweight concrete is discussed.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Recommendations for preplaced-aggregate heavyweight concrete are also included, together with suitable grout proportions. Mixing equipment, form construction, placing procedures, and methods of consolidation are described. Quality control, inspection, and testing are emphasized, and a list of references is included.