A review is presented of nondestructive test methods for evaluating the condition of concrete and steel reinforcement in structures. The methods discussed include visual inspection, stress-wave methods, nuclear methods, penetrability methods, magnetic and electrical methods, infrared thermography and ground penetrating radar.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
The principal of each method is discussed and the typical instrumentation is described. The testing procedures are summarized and the data analysis methods are explained. The advantages and limitations of the methods are highlighted. The report concludes with a discussion of the planning of a nondestructive testing program.
The report provides general information to individuals who are faced with the task of evaluating the condition of a concrete structure and are considering the applicability of nondestructive test methods to aid that evaluation