This report reflects the current understanding of corrosion of prestressing steels in concrete. The report includes chapters that cover the various types of prestressing steel, including some discussion on metallurgical differences.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Deterioration mechanisms are discussed, including hydrogen embrittlement and stress-corrosion cracking. Methods to protect prestressing steel against corrosion in new construction are presented, along with a discussion of field performance of prestressed concrete structures. Finally, field evaluation and remediation techniques are presented.