Fire resistance of building elements is an important consideration in building design. While structural design considerations for concrete and masonry at ambient temperature conditions are addressed by ACI 318 and ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402, respectively, these codes do not consider the impact of fire on concrete and masonry construction.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
The standard portion for determining the fire resistance of concrete and masonry members and building assemblies. Where differences occur in specific design requirements between this standard and the above referenced codes, as in the case of cover protection of steel reinforcement, the more stringent of the requirements shall apply.