Intended as a suuplement to “Standard Practice for Selecting Proportions for Normal, Heavyweight and Mass Concrete” (ACI 211.1). The standard describes a procedure for proportioning concretes having slumps in the range of zero to 3 inch and consistencies below this range, for aggregates up to 1 inch maximum size.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Suitable equipment for measuring such consistencies is described. Tables similar to those in ACI 211.1 are provided which, along with laboratory tests on physical properties of fine and coarse aggregate, yield information for obtaining concrete proportions for a trial mixture. Examples of the use of these tables are given. An appendix provides complete conversion of all tabular data to metric system units and shows a sample problem worked out with metric values.