The report presents a discussion of the effects of heat generation and volume change on the design and behavior of massive reinforced concrete elements and structures.
Maybe you have not seen
- Postcards 1 Workbook 2nd Edition
- ACI 544.1R-96-State of the Art Report on Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI 533.1R-02-Design Responsibility for Architectural Precast-Concrete Projects
- ACI 530.1R-05-Specification for Masonry Structures
- ACI 523.2R-96-Guide for Precast Cellular Concrete Floor, Roof, and Wall Units
Particular emphasis is placed on the effects of restraint on cracking and the effects of controlled placing temperatures, concrete strength requirements, type and fineness of cement on volume change. Formulas are presented for determining the amounts of reinforcing steel needed to control the size and spacing of cracks to specified limits under varying conditions of restraint and volume change.